The Orion Experience

Photobucket

The Orion Experience
In a time when music becomes so easily formulaic and repetitive, listeners are constantly looking for something new. Something refreshing. Something so far removed from shoe-gazing alt-rock that it’s almost unrecognisable. Enter the Orion Experience. This band is a welcome splash of colour on an otherwise grey soundscape. 2007 sees the New York outfit’s debut offering, Cosmicandy, and it’s galacti-licious!+/-

The album could not have a more apt title—it’s sugar-sweet and vaguely futuristic, yet succeeds in bringing back memories of a simpler time (namely the era of 1970s roller-disco). Cosmicandy is flawless in its delivery, bringing soothing harmonies and a contagious positivity. It leaves a pleasantly treacly sheen around your mouth, and will have you craving more.

Where's the life that was promised to me by my color T.V.
Where did it all go wrong?
How could I be alone again on this day?
On this accursed day.
So naïve, such a fool to believe, I could ever receive,
Anything better than this.
Where's the love that can make it all go away?
Where are you when I need to hear you say…

Turn around, I'm right behind you.
Don't be afraid, I'm here to remind you.
I'll be there to catch you when you fall.
Dry your eyes, it's not so bad at all…

Well it's all made up, it's imaginary.
There's no love in February.

Obsessed With You
White Lies
No Love In February
I Love the Stars
Your New Boyfriend


---
cosmicandy is here!
popmatters

Comments

Anonymous said…
this look like a poem to me

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Dear

The Script