Lily Frost

Photobucket

Lily Frost

Folk songstress Lily Frost just released her album with interpretations of Billy Holiday songs (lesser-known). Her sound is regarded as "melodic, sweet voice and the arrangements of banjo, breathy tenor sax, low sweet clarinet and trumpets evoke the comfortable and stylish atmosphere of a jazz den." source+/-

A rare bird from Canada's musical woods, Lily Frost is inspired by spiritual exploration, human relationships, achieving the impossible, and long espressos. A serious musician who plays her own guitar and writes all her own songs, she's released 8 albums to date (including her work with seminal lounge group The Colorifics). Her work is cinematic, blending film noir, stark minimalism, cinematic images, and coruscating, soul-stabbing honesty.
Weeping willow tree
Weeping sympathy
Bent your branches down along the ground
and cover me
Listen to me plea
Hear me willow and weep for me
Willow, willow, weep for me
Willow Weep For Me
Lover Come Back To Me
Enchantment
Who Am I
The Two of Us

---
site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Dear

The Script