Bitter:Sweet

Photobucket

I guess I've been watching too much foreign tv since I have been discovering these artists. One of them is Bitter:Sweet. Bitter:Sweet's artistry can be described as a scrumptious symphony with gorgeous hooks, then polished with seductive lyrics. Did I just say 'scrumptious'? Anyhow, whenever I listen to this duo, all I can think is spending an afternoon siesta laden under the sun with yummy grubs. Sorry, too far-out.+/-

Bitter:Sweet

Since coming on the scene last year with their debut album, Bitter:Sweet has received a plethora of accolades from the press who claimed The Mating Game as “perhaps the best album of its kind since Portishead’s ‘Dummy’ was released more than a decade ago” and URB magazine who called the album, “delicious.” Bitter:Sweet's trademark sound is an intoxicating blend of Shana Halligan's melodically sweet-and-sexy vocals paired with the duos sassy genre-bending production work. Kiran and Shana have created Bitter:Sweet, one of the most seductive interpretations of retro swank and hot beats since James Bond was Sean Connery.
The truth is that I go to heaven
Every time you look at me
Heaven
The Bomb
Dirty Laundry
Mating Game
Trouble

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just stumbled across your blog and I'm definitely hooked after listening to Bitter:Sweet! Excellent!
Anonymous said…
I forgot to mention De-Phazz - you probably know them; similar sound to Bitter:Sweet though the latter's singer is better.
Johayra F. said…
Thanks! Will look them up.

Popular posts from this blog

The Script

Oh Dear