Florence and the Machine

Photobucket

Florence and the Machine's 'Kiss with a Fist' is my constant rotation these days. I guess I just couldn't say no to the drums. At first I can't figure out if the track was specially done by a single artist and a band. Florence and the Machine actually is a creative collaboration of 'Florence Welch', UK quality songwriter/singer and her 'Machine', standing nearby playing an instrument. With the help of her 'Machine' she subdued teasing and eardrum-numbing beats in a music generation of streaming female trailblazers.+/-

Florence and the Machine

Often incorporating other musicians such as Lightspeed Champion’s Dev Hynes in her live performance, Welch has created an American influenced sound that goes from light and ironic indie pop (”My Boy Builds Coffins”) to abrasive punk inspired power ballads (”Bird Song Rehersal Version”) without batting an eye. Her first single “Kiss With A Fist” combines the bitterness of Alanis Morrisette with the style of Kate Nash and Blondie. Quite a combination of women I know, but give her a listen and you may be pleasantly surprised at the originality of songwriting. There’s plenty of variation between tracks that are brutally personal with out taking themselves too seriously.
She told me not to step on the cracks
I told her not to fuss and relax
Well, her pretty little face stopped me in my tracks
But now she sleeps with one eye open
That's the price she paid
Hospital Beds
Girl With One Eye
Kiss with a Fist

~consequenceofsounds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Dear

The Script